University of North Texas Health Science Center
System College of Pharmacy
Your file will not be reviewed until both your PharmCAS and UNT System College of Pharmacy supplemental application have been completely submitted along with our required fee.
- Contact Information
- Program Deadline
- Program Information
- Program Description
- Program Statistics and Criteria
- Program Prerequisites
- Supplemental Application
- Foreign Applicants
- Letters of Reference
- Accepted Applicants
- School Page Notifications
PharmCAS Application and Transcript Deadline for the class entering fall of 2014: December 2, 2013
- ACPE accreditation status: Pre-Candidate
- Institution Type: Public
- Is your institution part of an academic health center? Yes
- Type of academic term:
- Semester (two terms per academic year)
- Dual Degree Programs No
- If Yes, Check all that apply:
- Structure of your PharmD program:
- 2-4 (two years prepharmacy required)
- Open House Information:
- Dates: July 27, 2013
- Details: Summer Information Session
Saturday, July 27, 2013 at UNTHSC in the MET Bldg.
9:00 am - 12:30 pm. Refer to our website for link to the program.
Fall Information Session
Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at UNTHSC in the MET Bldg.
6:00 pm - 7:30 pm. Refer to our website for link to the program.
- Does your institution participate in the Early Decision Program (EDP)? No
- Alternative enrollment options available
- Is your institution participating in the Centralized Criminal Background Check (CBC)?: No
- Is your institution participating in the PharmCAS-facilitated Drug Screening Service?: No
- Satellite/Branch Campuses:
Email is our preferred mode of communication. Student emails are monitored daily.
For application questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about our pharmacy program, please email email@example.com.
- Estimated number interviewed for fall 2013 entering class: 300
- Estimated number accepted for fall 2013 entering class: 100
- Estimated fall 2013 entering class size including early assurance and transfer seats: 90
- Estimated number of early assurance students advancing to the professional program: N/A
- Estimated number of transfer applicants accepted: N/A
- Estimated number of out-of-state applicants accepted: 1
- Estimated percent of males in 2013 entering class: 44%
- Estimated percent of females in 2013 entering class: 56%
- Estimated average GPA of accepted students: 3.33
- Estimated number of students to be interviewed: 300
- Number of IN-STATE seats available for fall 2014 entering class: N/A
- Number of OUT-OF-STATE seats available for fall 2014 entering class: N/A
- Minimum overall GPA considered: 2.50
- Minimum prerequisite GPA considered: 2.50
- Minimum composite PCAT score considered: N/A
- Previous college experience prior to enrolling in the school/college of pharmacy: 3 or more years, no degree (>60 sem hrs)
- Age RANGE of entering students, excluding transfer students entering other than the first year of your program: 20-45
- Ratio of applications received to the number of first-year students enrolled, excluding transfer students entering other than the first year of your program: 3.6:1
- Supplemental Application required? Yes
- Details: htp://web.unthsc.edu/info/20007/unt_system_college_of_pharmacy/1872/application_process
Applications will not be reviewed until both PharmCAS & Supplemental Application and fee are received.
- Deadline: 12.16.13 Received by deadline
- Supplemental Application fee: 75.00
- Obtaining the Supplemental Application:
Your PharmCAS application should be completely submitted before submitting the UNT System College of Pharmacy Supplemental Application.
Your file will not be reviewed until both applications have been completely submitted along with our required fee. Your file will be placed on hold.
- PCAT required? Yes
- TOEFL® required? No
- Note: select code 8246 to report TOEFL scores directly to PharmCAS.
- Is health care-related experience required? Not required but recommended
- Is proof of state residency required? Yes
- Is preference given to state residents? Yes
- Is preference given to residents of other states? No
- Is proof of U.S. residency required? Yes
- Are foreign citizens considered? No
- Are U.S. permanent residents considered? Yes
- Are Canadian citizens considered? No
- Policy for accepting non-U.S. coursework (excluding study abroad): Do not send any foreign transcript documentation. School only considers U.S. credentials. If you have completed your course prerequisites at a foreign institution, you may be ineligible for admission to these particular pharmacy programs.
- Deadline for receiving foreign transcripts/evaluations: N/A
LOR types that are NOT ACCEPTED:
Are Committee Letters accepted? Yes
- Are letters of reference (LORs) accepted? Yes
- Number of LORs you accept: Three (3)
- Are LORs required? Yes
- Do applicants send the LORs to PharmCAS, or directly to your school? to PharmCAS
- Institution Specific Details:
Letters of recommendation must be from a person, who can comment on the applicant’s academic, volunteer, and or employment experiences and attributes. Letters of recommendation from family members and friends are not accepted.
- LOR types that are REQUIRED:
- LOR types that are RECOMMENDED BUT NOT REQUIRED:
- LOR types that are CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED:
- Note: please verify the institution specific details regarding CONDITIONALLY ACCEPTED LOR types.
Are Composite Letters accepted? Yes
- A Committee Letter is: Conditionally Accepted
- Details: Letters of recommendation must be from a person, who can comment on the applicant's academic, volunteer, and or employment experiences and attributes. Letters of recommendation from family members and friends are not accepted.
- Does it count as more than one LOR? No
- A Composite Letter is: Conditionally Accepted
- Details: Letters of recommendation must be from a person, who can comment on the applicant's academic, volunteer, and or employment experiences and attributes. Letters of recommendation from family members are not accepted.
Composite letters count as two letters of recommendation.
- Does it count as more than one LOR? Yes
- Does your institution conduct interviews? Yes
- Interview Dates:
- October 1, 2013 - January 31, 2014
The Interview Day begins with the Dean presenting an overivew of the College of Pharmacy and then engaging the applicants in a short question and answer session. Applicants then write a short essay in 30 minutes. Applicants will have two interviews with faculty and community pharmacists. They will also tour the campus and do a file review with Admissions staff. The process takes approximately four hours.
Interviews for the UNT System College of Pharmacy will begin on Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Interviews will be held on Monday and Wednesday.
- When are acceptance letters mailed to regular applicants? Selected applicants will be notified of acceptance on a rolling basis during the interview cycle. Other applicants will be notified of acceptance by May 1 of the matriculating year. Additional students will be accepted according to rank order by the SCP Admissions Committee, if necessary, through orientation week, which is approximately the second week of August.
- When is the response to the acceptance offer due? Applicants are given two (2) weeks to respond to the offer.
- Is there a deposit to hold an acceptee's place in the class? Yes
- Amount: $200.00
- Due: 2 weeks
- Refundable? No
- New Student Orientation Information:
- August 11-13, 2014
- Details: Orientation week - August 11 -13, 2014
White Coat Ceremony will be held Saturday, August 16, 2014
- First day of classes and/or matriculation: Monday, August 18, 2014
- Are requests for deferred entrance considered? Yes