South University has campuses in both Columbia, SC and Savannah, GA.
|Course Title||Semester Hours||Quarter Hours|
|English Literature (1)||3||5|
|English Composition (2)||3||5|
|General Chemistry I and II with Laboratory (3)||8||12|
|Organic Chemistry I and II with Laboratory (3)||8||12|
|Biology I and II with Laboratory (3)||8||12|
|Anatomy and Physiology I and II (4)||6-8||9-12|
1. English, American, or World Literature are preferred to meet the Literature requirement.
2. One English Composition course is required. A second English Composition can be accepted in lieu of a Literature course at the discretion of the Director of Admissions.
3. These courses must include a “live” lab. Students with science courses taken prior to 2007-2008 will be required to retake one modern Biology and one modern Chemistry course to meet the prerequisite requirements.
4. A lab is recommended but not required for Anatomy and Physiology I and II.
5. A minimum of three semester hours should be in the humanities and the remainder should be in the social sciences, arts, or humanities.
Supplemental information requests will be sent directly to those applicants invited for an interview.
The program prefers three letters of recommendation; however, two will be accepted.
The interview process involves a one hour orientation for all applicants. In the morning applicants are divided into multiple interview groups. They are given a timed writing assessment. Applicants have the opportunity to participate in a demonstration of the distance learning technology. While one group interviews with a team of two faculty members (one applicant and two faculty members), the other groups tour the building and are given the opportunity to speak to current students in the program. The afternoon session will include more program information and details regarding the city of Columbia. The interview day typically is a day long program and lunch is provided.