|Course Title||Semester Hours||Quarter Hours|
|Organic Chemistry I + Lab||4|
|Organic Chemistry II + Lab||4|
|Medical Anatomy and Physiology||4|
|Computer Application to Pharmacy||2|
|Principles of Pathophysiology and Immunology||4|
|Microbiological Basis of Disease||3|
|Statistics for Health Profession Majors||3|
|Liberal Arts Curriculum courses||16|
Applicants must sit for a short essay, that will help to assess the applicant writing skills.
An applicant must complete three recommendation forms by three different faculty members, among which at least one should be a major course instructor.
Purpose of the Interview
The Lebanese American University School of Pharmacy recognizes that academic excellence is not the only benchmark to measure the success and competency of a student. Therefore, the School organizes individual interviews for the Professional Pharmacy Program candidates in order to make them familiar with the program's expectations. At the same time, this process enables the interviewer to become more acquainted with the candidates and learn about their attributes.
Structure of the interview
The interview structure is designed as an objective assessment of the candidates oral and behavioral attributes listed below. Every effort is made for the interview session to be as comfortable and stress-free to the candidate as possible. Candidates are encouraged to ask the interviewer to clarify or repeat a question if needed.
Each candidate will have to visit three committees and each committee is responsible of assessing two attributes. The candidate will spend 5 to 7 minutes with each committee, making it a total of about 15-20 minutes for the entire interview process.
Interview questions relate to the candidate’s non-academic past experiences, performances and behaviors. Six domains of attributes are addressed at different sequential steps throughout the personal interview process. These include communication skills, coping with change, dealing with conflict/handling criticism, management skills/stress management, personal attributes, creativity. The definition and descriptors of these attributes are as follows:
- Oral competence including speech, annunciation, voice volume, pitch and rate
- Proper language skills including vocabulary and grammar
- Appropriate body language including demeanor, facial expressions and physical gestures
Coping with change
- Ability to adapt, improvise and be open-minded about unconventional approaches to deal with problems
- Able to learn from experience
- Able to stay focused and organized in case unfamiliar options are chosen by others
Dealing with conflict/Handling criticism
- Maturity, self-reflection, self-control
- Respect and support of others' opinions
Management skills/ Stress management
- Multitask, problem solver
- Tracking and managing time
- Prioritization, organizational skills
- Stress management
- Dealing with group dynamics
- Well-mannered, composed and self-respect
- Kindness, generous, polite, empathy, considerate
- Potential for leadership
- Innovative, resourceful, think outside the box
- Unique and novel ideas
- Critical thinking: purposeful and reflective judgment
- Questioning and inquisitive approach
- Gathering and assessing information and determining a well-reasoned solution